Honestly, in the last 3 weeks, the number of plants that I have has quadrupled.
Wait, is quadrupled the original number x4? Or the original times 4 then that sum times 4, and then that sum times 4… AKA original number to the 4th power? Math is confusing…
Let’s just say, I have a lot of house plants.
I have joined this bandwagon late. Apparently, at the beginning of the pandemic indoor plants really had a renaissance. But I was too busy trying to finish up the school year for the girls and then decide how we would do the next school year. Oh, and I took refuge in my own cross-stitching renaissance.
Now, in true Maria fashion, I have named them all. I mean, I have named our Roomba-her name is Roberta, her cousin a Braava named Scrubbie, etc…I haven’t named the car, but I already have a name for my pretend orange Mini Cooper: Cinni-mini! If only I could get my husband onboard.
The plants got their names by:
1) Being a favorite character;
2) Character in the book I was reading when I got the plant;
3) One of the girls gave the plant its name;
4) Sometimes it was just what I thought of when I saw it.
So this is a look at all my plants, a little about its arrival story and its name/namesake 🙂
Are you ready?
We will count as we go.
11. Sansevieria Fernwood = Ivy, because one of the two girls wanted to name some plant ivy, so I thought this would be a good one. It is the exact opposite of an ivy plant I couldn’t resist. Common name: Fernwood Snake Plant
12. Scindapsus pictus = Sylvia also an Etsy purchase and I couldn’t have had a more excellent expense purchasing a live plant online.
Common name: Silver Satin pothos
13. Peperomia Polybotrya = Geppetto, Pinocchio need I say more? Common name: Coin-leaf peperomia, Peperomia raindrop, Raindrop peperomia, Coin plant, Chinese Money Plant
So, have I bored you enough with my plant collection?
I have really been enjoying them. They have given me something new to look forward to every day, and after more than 12 months in this house…I need something new. 🙂
Have you gotten into anything recently? I’d love to hear about your ‘new’ obsession hobby.
P.S. Come back, my next project is…maybe something cooking-related. I am not sure.